Peter and Ida Anderson of Murdo, South Dakota



The family of Peter and Ida Anderson of Murdo, South Dakota


References:


ANDERSON LIFFENGREN


Peter lived from 1877 to 1961. He married Ida Caroline Kassa 1877-1957.

















Click Below for the Anderson Reunion Slideshow Photos

Provided by Doug Jansen 7/11/09





Today, Sunday, May 9th, 2021,was the 144th Birthday
of our Grandpa Peter "Pete" Anderson--born
in 1877 (as was our Grandma Ida, his wife).
"Gramp" passed away almost 60 years ago--
1961--at the age of 84.  He was a tall--6'2"--
bespectacled gentleman--who needed 
suspenders to hold his trousers up and 
carried himself nicely and without an
extra pound around his waist. Along with
Dad, he was one of my "heroes"---rescued
Mom Anderson many days by taking me
on "pickup rides" and just setting up town
on main street, introducing me to his lifetime
Scandinavian, and sometimes "beer-drinking",
friends. I met E.Y. Berry, Francis Case, and 
Carl Mundt uptown as we sat in his old 1950
Chevrolet pickup---Gramp was Republican
Party Chairman for Jones County. As I got
older he gave me the combination for his
and Grandma's mailbox uptown so I could
pick up any mail along with  his beloved Sioux
City Journal. He introduced brother Jim and
I to the game of "pitchforking" mice that would
scurry out of the corn shocks which he would
upturn for us--gave us a nickel for every one
of them we did in! We always liked to go out
to the old Murdo farmhouse, one of the big
attractions being the Dones Pill container
that he would fill with his spare change for
our "piggybanks" or our own pocket change. 

GOOD MEMORIES OF A GRAMP WHO WAS
A LOT MORE THAN JUST A "HERO"!

Walter B. Anderson
Grandson

________________

My father Clif Hullinger told the story about my Great Grandfather Pete Anderson.  When Clif was dating Louise Liffengren they visited her grandfather Pete. He took Clif to the barn and pulled a bottle from the cistern and shared it with Clif. Clif figured that he had passed muster when they shared a drink.

__________________

What fun memories!!!     I always remember him walking with his left hand behind his back….don’t know if he had pain there, but whenever he was walking in the house, he had his hand on his back.  Anyone else remember that?!     I also think he may have had some drinks with Mike’s father, Ed Ferris!!!  

 

And Grandma always sat by the kitchen window, looking out on the highway!    Cane in hand….


Gail Ferris


 

Thank you, Grandpa





About Me

My photo
My professional blog is www.craighullinger.com